If you are using a computer or laptop, then you can transform it into a wireless hotspot. Also, you can connect your mobile devices. So, here some instructions to enable a virtual Wi-Fi in Windows.
Using Windows 10
Here is the process of enabling a virtual Wi-Fi in Windows 10. Follow the instructions carefully.
• First, you will have to attach your computer to the network through Ethernet cable.
• Make sure in you have a wireless adapter installed in your desktop.
• After that, tap the Windows button + X and choose “Command Prompt (Admin).
• Then type your command “netsh WLAN show drivers” to confirm if your wireless network supports your card.
• Now, type the command to create a wireless hotspot.
• Thereafter, type the same command to begin the hotspot.
• After that, tap the Windows button and X and choose “Network Connections.”
• If you have two wireless adapters, then choose the one that is attached to the network providing internet access.
• Then select the “Sharing” option.
• Now, tick the box of “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connections” for sharing the network.
• After that, tap the drop-down menu and select the new connection.
• And then tap, OK.
• Now, link to the new wireless hotspot with your device.
• After that, stop your network by typing “netsh WLAN stop hosted network.”
Using Windows 7 and 8
Here is the process of enabling a virtual Wi-Fi in Windows7 and 8. Follow the instructions carefully.
• First, you will have to attach your computer to the network through the Ethernet cord.
• If you do not have Ethernet port, then you can use a USB Ethernet adapter.
• Make sure you have a wireless network adapter already installed.
• After that, you will download and install Virtual Router.
• Now, you can open a Virtual Router.
• Then you can type the name that you wish to use for your network.
• Thereafter type a suitable password for your network.
• After that, choose the network connection that you wish to use the internet from in the “Shared Connection” menu.
• Then, select “Start Virtual Router.”
• Now, link to the new network with your wireless device.
Any Windows versions
Here is the process of enabling virtual Wi-Fi in any versions of Windows. Follow the instructions carefully.
• First, you will have to download Connectify” from connectify.me.
• This program is paid, but it’s a free version enables you to create basic wireless hotspots.
• After that, accept the terms and condition of Connectify program and Run the Connectify installer.
• Then restart your PC after installation.
• Open Connectify after restarting your computer.
• Now, you can enable Connectify via Windows Firewall when prompted.
• Click on Wi-Fi Hotspots at the top of the Connectify screen.
• Choose the network adapter, which currently has an internet connection.
• Then type your wireless hotspot name.
• Now, make a password for your network.
• Tap on the “Start Hotspot” button.
• Now, connect to your new wireless hotspot.
Leo Smith is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.