World of Warcraft is a massively multiplayer online game. It needs the player to pay for a subscription and buy a game. But some gamers face a streaming error on World of Warcraft that prevents them from playing the game. So, if you want to fix this issue, then follow this article.
Move Cache from Classic to Retail
First, you can start by removing the cache. Here are the steps to follow.
- You should invoke the File Explorer on your system.
- After that, go to the pursuing location: ‘C:/Program Files (x86)/World of Warcraft_retail_’
- Then reach the WoW folder and copy the cache of WoW.
- Thereafter, go to the pursuing location: ‘C:/Program Files (x86)/World of Warcraft_retail_’
- Later, paste the file you have copied.
- Now, shut the File Explorer.
Remove the WoW Cache
Follow these steps to delete the World of Warcraft Cache.
- Firstly, you have to launch the File Explorer.
- After that, go to the pursuing location: ‘C:/Program Files (x86)/World of Warcraft_retail_Wow.exe’
- You should find the ‘Wow.dxvk–cache’ option.
- Then select the ‘Wow.dxvk–cache’ option and right-click on it, then choose the Delete button.
- Once removed, invoke the WoW to check whether the error is fixed.
Reset the WoW User Interface
Here is how you can resent the game’s UI.
- Shut the WoW if launched.
- After that, uninstall whichever add-on managers to check they don’t add the deleted add-ons again.
- Go to the ‘Battle.net’ and select the Options.
- You should choose the ‘Show in Explorer’ option.
- Then invoke the folder of ‘World of Warcraft.’
- Later, invoke the game folder version that you are attempting to fix.
- Thereafter, change the folder’s name of Interface, Cache, and WTF to InterfaceOld, CacheOld, and WTFOld.
- Now, invoke the WoW to check whether the error is fixed.
Turn off Windows Firewall
Read on to learn how to disable the Windows Firewall to fix the streaming error on WoW.
- Hold the Windows and I keys altogether over the keyboard to invoke the Settings.
- Thereafter, select the ‘Update and Security’ option.
- Go to the ‘Windows Security’ option.
- Then choose the ‘Firewall and network protection’ option.
- You should launch the recently active network.
- Now, switch the toggle of the ‘Windows Defender firewall’ to disable it.
Make a New Administrator Account
Here is how you can create a new admin account on your device.
- You should select the Start and launch the Settings.
- After that, select the Accounts option.
- Choose the ‘Family and other users’ option.
- Move down to ‘Other users’ option and select the ‘Add someone else to this PC’ option.
- Then pursue the on-screen steps to include a fresh user.
- You should make an account without and with an MS account.
- Once you make an account, choose it, then choose the ‘Change account type.’
- Go to the ‘Administrator’ option.
- Select the OK button to apply the changes.
- Reboot the system.
- You should sign-in via the fresh account of the administrator.
- Now, go to ‘Battle.net’ and open WoW to check whether the issue is fixed.
Ellen Cooper is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.