Who doesn’t love Siri voice assistant feature on their iPhone? If you know what Apple is currently doing with Siri searches and recordings, then you might want to delete all of your histories. If you are the person who is conscious about privacy, then you should just delete all searches from your device. Let’s see how to delete Siri searches.
How to Delete Siri Searches Without Disabling Siri?
If you love using Siri and do not want to leave it in any condition, then this method is only for you. It will allow you to wipe out your history without even affecting the Siri feature on your device.
- First of all, close the Safari browser entirely even from the background.
- Then, go to the Settings on your iOS device.
- After that, move down to the bottom in the settings.
- Tap Safari.
- There you have to click on the Clear History.
How to Remove Siri Voice Search History Forever?
If you want to truly delete everything that Siri has fetched before, then this step is only for you. This method includes disabling the Siri feature, which will prevent Apple contractors from seeing your search history. However, you will be able to enable the service again whenever you need it. Here’s how to delete Siri search history and disable Siri:
- Navigate to the Settings on your device.
- After that, locate the ‘Siri’ option under Settings and then tap on it. (Siri is located under General settings)
- Now press on the Siri button to disable the feature.
- Close all apps on your device and then open the Settings once again.
- This time go to General settings again.
- Then navigate to the Keyboard
- Tap the ‘Dictation’ to disable it.
You have made it look easy. All Siri searches would be deleted and you will not get privacy issue anymore on your device. The Siri searches would also be deleted from Apple’s server by using this method.
Apple said that your Siri searches are useful in improving the Siri voice accuracy to catch words and dictation. Soon Apple is going to release a new update for current iOS users to choose whether they want to be a part of this development or not. Till then, you can use the above methods to secure your privacy, especially your conversations with Siri.
Ellen Cooper is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.