If you have some important data that you don’t want to share with others in an organization, then you can make a personal team. This may assist you in sharing all the important data to people that you like to share. You don’t have to install any other app or any for third-party services, and also you can do this in the free version of the Microsoft team. Read through the blog and follow the instructions to create a private team and change the privacy in Microsoft teams.
Types of Teams in Microsoft Teams
Here are 3 kinds of Microsoft teams that you can use to create or change the privacy with ease :
Private – The team owners can only insert new members. If you are the owner of the team, then you can insert more people to the team. Other members will don’t have the choice to forward an invitation to other people. Moreover, no members can be added automatically.
Public – All the members can insert new people, and also anyone in the organization can add to the team. There will be no obligation for people of the Public team though you have to insert members manually one by one.
Org-wide – Such a group is for one who needs to add the entire people of the organization automatically. For instance, you need to make the 5 teams for several uses, and then you need to insert the entire people in all those groups. At this point, you can make the Org- wide to insert the entire people together.
How to Make the Private Team
If you want to make the Private team, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Launch the Microsoft Team app or site.
- Tap on the Create team option.
- Press the Create team button.
- Choose the source of the team option.
- Select the Private form the list.
- Name the team and then write a description.
- Tap on the Create option.
You can make a private team from the internet version and app of Microsoft Team.
- Launch the Microsoft Teams app or the website.
- Ensure to sign in to the account.
- Then you will get the choice known as Join or create the team at the bottom left. Tap on it and then begin the procedure.
- Tap on the Create team option that you can view on the screen.
- Then there will be two options:
- Create the team from scratch.
- Make from the existing Office 365 team
- In such a case, you must click on the first option, that is, Build the team from scratch.
- Then you must view the privacy type. You have to select the Private form the list.
- Give a name to a team and write a report so that users and their teams have the idea about the motto.
- Tap on the Create option.
How to Change the Team Privacy
If you want to change the team privacy, then abide by the given instructions:
- Tap on the 3 dot option beside the team name.
- Click on the Edit team button.
- Enlarge the Privacy drop-down section and then modify it.
- To begin, you have to launch the Microsoft Team app or site.
- Choose the team first.
- Tap on the 3 dotted option linked with a team and then choose the Edit team button.
- Then you have to enlarge the Privacy drop-down section in a prompt window.
- Choose privacy type.
- Then finally, save the changes.
Ellen Cooper is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.